Keep your agriculture business ahead of the rest.
From the big-ticket items such as machinery and equipment to accessing loans for livestock, seeds and farming essentials. Whatever your operation we can help find finance solutions to maximise your business.
What is Agriculture Financing?
Agriculture financing is finding the specific loan type which fits the needs of your agriculture business. We know that for farmers, timing is everything. This means having access to the right resources at the right time. Through our panel of lenders, we will be able to leverage our relationships to ensure an excellent solution for your business in almost any circumstances. This could include buying or leasing assets such as vehicles or machines, accessing loans for livestock or seed/planting inventory to unlocking the potential of your business through cash flow finance options. N matter the size of your operation we are here to help.
Loan options for Agriculture financing:
Finance lease is used to buy and asset such as equipment for the major part of its useful life. This type of loan allows the borrower to have the use of an asset and the benefits of ownership, while the lender retains ownerships of the asset until the end of the lease. Via a financial lease all risk is transferred to the borrower and as such it will often have a lower interest rate than other types of equipment finance.
To learn more about Finance leases click here.
An operating lease is an agreement where the lender agrees to rent equipment to a business for use over a specified time period. When the lease term ends, the equipment is returned to the lender and the business is not left with the liability of a residual value or any further obligation. Vehicle leases, building leases and equipment leases can all qualify as operating leases.
An operating lease is an asset financing option which can be helpful to businesses since it carries no residual risks while providing access to needed assets.
To learn more about Operating leases click here.
A chattel mortgage or equipment loan is a loan used to purchase an item of movable personal property such as a car, a piece of agriculture or construction equipment, a boat or a mobile home. The property, or chattel, secures the loan and the lender holds ownership of the asset until it has been paid off.
To learn more about Chattel Mortgage click here.
COMMERCIAL HIRE PURCHASE:
A commercial hire purchase (CHP) involves a lender agreeing to purchase an asset (usually a vehicle) on behalf of the borrower and then hiring it back to the borrower over a set period of time. This means that the borrower is not legally the owner of the asset, however they have full use of it for the term of the contract.
To learn more about Commercial Hire Purchase click here.
CASH FLOW FINANCING:
Obtaining business or cash flow funding can help you grow your business, all within a simple speedy application process. For the agriculture industry, we have a variety of cash flow finance solutions for you. We will work with you to find the right loan structure and lender to take your business to the next level.
To learn more about Cash flow finance options click here.
What items can Agriculture Finance be used for?
Generally, agriculture finance covers the tangible assets within your business. These include
- Farm vehicles – such as tractors, trucks. ATV’s & UTV’s
- Farming machinery – such as tillage, seeding, harvesting and spraying
- Farm equipment – including those used for irrigation, hay and silage
- Livestock or planting inventory
- Labour costs
Benefits of Agriculture Financing?
- Allows you the flexible access to finance when it is required based on farming seasons relevant to your business
- Gain access to the latest equipment and technology without the risks associated with ownership
- Eliminate the risks the residual value of obsolete equipment
- Flexibility to frequently upgrade assets and respond to changing customer and market demands.
- Rental payments may be tax-deductible if you use the asset to generate income
- May be able to claim the input tax credit for rental and other charges that are subject to GST
- Option of all-inclusive fixed payments to cover all maintenance and other operating costs associated with certain assets
Eligibility criteria for Agriculture Financing?
Businesses, sole traders and self – employed individuals can all make use of agriculture finance. To be eligible you will require the following:
- At least 18 years old
- An Australian resident
- Have a good credit rating and not be going through the process of bankruptcy
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Is registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Most lenders will also require that the business has been trading for more than 12 months, however the minimum length of trade varies between lenders.
How do I apply?
If you would like to know more or need assistance determining the best equipment financing solution for you, one of our experienced finance consultants are happy to assist, contact us today.
Ready to Get Started
We have friendly and experienced team members ready to help with your finance needs, whether they be business or personal.
Experience the Amfin difference. Contact us for a no obligation chat today.